Picture a perfect summer day in London, Ontario – relaxing at your home with your family, enjoying all the summer fare and fun pastimes and the most important thing – the comfort of the Air Conditioner. A perfectly working AC is a must in baking summer days and to have an AC that works well, regular maintenance is essential.
The main questions that come to mind while thinking of maintenance are what parts in my AC need repairing and how much the repairing is going to cost? In this article, we are going to answer these questions for you.
What Are Some Common AC Problems?
Before going into the costing you should know about the problems that may arise and need repairing. Below is a list of reasons why your AC might need repairing.
- Dripping coils
- Faulty thermostat
- The system switches off automatically
- The system starts making noises
- Increased electricity consumption
- Unclean filters, ducts and coils
- The system is not cooling the place properly even though the fan is working.
How Much Does The Air Conditioner Service in London, On Cost?
The cost for AC repairing and maintenance depends on many things and varies from one service provider to another. Usually, the cost is charged on an hourly basis or combined callout fee with labor charge. An AC tune takes from half an hour to 2 hours, depending on how much service is needed.
- For AC service in London, On you can expect to pay 75$-200$ for an hourly basis tune-up.
- If you want to install a new AC unit you’ll have to spend 2000$-5000$ on a moderately efficient AC with a 13-15 SEER rating and for a highly efficient AC with a 16-20 SEER rating, minimum 5000$.
Other services and their costs
- Refrigerant drip detection and repairing: 150$-500$
- Replacing AC circuit board: 450$-100$
- Replacing thermostat: 200$-500$
- Replacing capacitor: 150$-350$
- Replacing AC fan motor: 500$-1200$
What Are The Factors That Affect The Cost?
Many factors affect the overall cost of repairing an AC unit, below we are mentioning some of those.
- Brand, type and size of your AC unit.
- The place where you live
- Amount of refrigerant piping and its interconnection cables.
- The total number of windows in a particular location.
- Age of your AC unit, if your unit is old then it may require more servicing or replacement in some cases.
Things to keep in mind while getting an estimate
Before selecting a contractor, compare at least 4-5 professionals providing Air Conditioner service in London, On. When you’re looking for a contractor, post a proper listing, review offers and compare all your options based on experience, ratings, pricing and quality of service.
Things to mention in a listing:
- Your location
- Type and size of your unit
- Where in your home is AC installed
- Insulation type
- Where the ductwork is required
If you’re looking for AC service in London, On where you can get the best service at affordable prices then Bow Home Comfort is perfect for you. The team at Bow Home Comfort is dedicated to providing you best HVAC services, to know more contact 519-857-2029.